To say it’s been an adventure would be an understatement. It has been a roller coaster of meandering through raging seas and calming storms. It was full of the confrontation of paradox and lies. It was the settling of healing truth.
Over the last twelve months, I’ve gained more understanding, become more aware, lost some lies I didn’t need, gained some truth I can’t live without, and realized my purpose, bent, and passion. It was not an easy journey, but I am grateful for the grace of the interruption.
It gave me time. I needed all that time to sprout, deepen, refine, shake off the dust, and discover. Today I share with you thirty-nine things that have either happened to me or that I have realized along the road. I consider this my altar – my rock-mounds of praise, my ebenezer. The journey isn’t over, and the destination unclear – but this I will still believe … I will see the goodness of God in the land of the living.
- I am stronger than I think I am.
- My voice deserves to be heard.
- Community matters.
- My work is what I do not who I am.
- You can never replace time.
- Giggles and joys are irreplaceable.
- Time spent with the littles is always worth the drive
- While ice cream doesn’t change the circumstances, it sure does make the sting of life more tasty.
- I become an overcomer as I overcome.
- I was made for good works long before I ever came to be.
- Connection keeps us grounded.
- The road will not be easy, but I do not walk alone.
- “Shame is broken when the story is spoken” via Elora.
- I fit.
- I love my unkempt life and the story of its unfolding.
- My circumstances don’t have to control my attitude.
- Social media is a vehicle to share hope, spread joy, speak truth, and be a light in the darkness.
- God IS faithful and His grace is enough – yes, His grace is more than enough.
- I need you to really listen when I speak what’s beating fiercely deep in my soul.
- Every no really is one step closer to yes.
- You can’t walk this journey by alone. Isolation leaves you defenseless.
- Losing your job doesn’t mean you lose your identity, and it’s not the end of your world. It is a permission to have a new beginning.
- Impact and influence often happen with our knowing – what a weighty thought. So live more intentionally.
- Grace gave me opportunity to explore, to hear, to reach out, and to rediscover.
- I don’t have to be like anyone else. I can be authentically me.
- We were created to rest in the spaces in between losing and winning. Take care of your temple because you’re worth it.
- I can start living any moment now. I don’t have to wait.
- No dream is dead if I am willing to risk doing all I can to make it happen.
- Your life mission, passion, and dreams will not let you go.
- Vulnerability leads to revelation and a deeper sense of being. Authenticity is refreshing!
- You can live by being and let the being become what you do.
- My friends really are my estate and have allowed me to be a beautiful messy walking in the truthful.
- I am not obligated to the world’s expectation of what I can be.
- I have power over me and can choose how I feel.
- My truth is my truth – it is my testimony; and you cannot change it because it is my story.
- Nothing we can do will make God love us less.
- The number on the scale doesn’t make me who I am.
- Be observant. You don’t always have to speak what’s on your mind. Wait for it.
- I am Beloved of God forever and always – nothing will take me away from His love.
There is grace enough for everyone one of us. Every storm is an opportunity to grow and steady our knees by the grace of God who is always with us. What new truths are you walking? Take a moment to see just how far you’ve come in the last few moments. The changes may surprise even you.
Now go live by just being and let the being become what you do and who are really are.